transitionendevent: fired when a CSS transition has completed. In the case where a transition if removed before completion, the event will not be generated.
Harnessing the Power of Shower Thoughts
- One of the best ways to learn and come up with new ideas is to focus intensely on a problem, then let your mind wander.
- Focused mode = filling your mind with information, then diffuse mode is great at processing that information, forming connections between existing concepts, and developing new ideas.
- Lifting weights or jogging usually makes people come up with new insights.
- In software, if things are exactly the same as the one we were solving before, then we’d just copy and paste what we did there. So things are usually not the same problem, and they need a new solution.
- The recipe:
- Take some time to focus entirely on the problem.
- Take some time to not focus on any problem.
- How to let the mind wander:
- Going for a walk without my phone, running, taking a shower, and swimming.
- What doesn’t work:
- Going on the phone, video games, checking email, refreshing Hacker News, Twitter, Instagram.
- These usually end up on some middle stage where the brain is sort of distracted but not relaxed enough to sink into diffuse thinking.
Principles of writing consistent, idiomatic CSS Reference General principles: Write your code for maximum clarity, not your personal preference or...