TIL, 2018-12-21, Thoughtworks Tech Trends
brew services start mongodb
Macro trends in the tech industry | Nov 2018
- Quantum tech: MS has the Q# language. But still, the practical uses for QC are for research exercises.
- The pace of change in the software development ecosystem continues to accelerate.
- For companies to compete, continuous modernization is required.
- Containers (Docker and Kubernetes) are important from the get-go.
- Hold: new ways to be misguided.
- ESB antipatterns for Kafka.
- Overambitious API gateways.
- Data-hungry packages.
- JS is quiet, things like Go, Rust, Kotlin, and Python are now in.
- The rise in microservices have made it such that a polyglot approach is much more feasible.
- Cloud: It’s there. Even bigger companies are moving their workloads to the cloud.
- Serverless: How to compose an application from Serverless components as well as containers and VMs.
- Engineering for failure.
- Continuous intelligence: all practices we’ve developed over the years to build software well continue to be applicable to all the new things.
Musings To load all the Gemfile’s gems: ENV['BUNDLE_GEMFILE'] ||= File.expand_path('../Gemfile', __dir__) require 'bundler/setup' # Set up gems listed in the...