Medium and Genius
- Creativity and psychopathology: related? Actually, there are also a lot of creative geniuses who don’t display no signs of symptoms of mental illness. Also, shouldn’t mental asylums then have a lot of creative masterminds?
- The most important process underlying strokes of creative genius is the tendency to pay attention to things that normally should be ignored or filtered out. (Cognitive disinhibition)
- Artistic geniuses often report how the germ for a major creative project came from hearing a tiny piece of casual conversation or seeing a unique but otherwise trivial event during a daily walk.
- Creative geniuses enjoy the asset of superior general intelligence, which enables the person to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- Events and circumstance can contribute to a person’s creative potential: multicultural exposure, bilingualism, development adversity (loss of a parent, being poor, being a minority).
The Most Important Skill Nobody Taught You Reference Blaise Pascal: “All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit...