TIL, 2018-03-22, Finishing the Deploy, and Experimenting with Redis Cache for Pomodoros
- I look through Eloquent Ruby and look at the delegation chapter. I have to think about this theory where I need to know how to implement things. Do I implement via inheritance, delegation, mixins, dependency injection? I think I’ll study this topic for a few hours because I need to know, I think they are the same thing, but done multiple ways.
- Also beginning to write about my first blog post on Design Patterns in Ruby: Adapter. I’ll put a first example on
terminal-tableand see if it works. It’s a small enough example that I like it.
NaN: Not a number. You get it by dividing 0.0 by 0.0.
- Ruby Delegation Patterns: Inheritance, Composition, Mixins.
- Redis flushing:
timeoutside of commands to discover how long they actually took!
- Redis caching: Substantial gains: 2 seconds for a Pomodoro all, and about .3 seconds for a Pomodoro yesterday. I still have to refine my findings, though.
- Vim: Folding in Ruby.
Musings on Deployment and all the Bugs
I need to su - deployto have access to ruby?
- No node found for webpacker:
nvm installation, then link to
webpacker.ymlfound, copy from your local.
- No webpack found -
npm install -g webpack. Other fix: Add
- No binstubs:
bundle install -binstubs.
npm i webpack -g
- Weird npm directory: I’m not using the correct node? Ubuntu node is really different. Upgrade process.
- Autoloading lib in Rails 5? Reference.
- Nginx config file: I have to understand it better. Reference