- Ajax collapsing json data. Go figure.
- Puma, then Passenger, then Unicorn.
- SuckerPunch doesn’t need anything else (Redis, db) so you can use it for logging stuff.
- Delayed::Job uses a database table to store the jobs.
- Sidekiq is faster than Delayed::Job.
- 2017 Rails Stack: Ruby 2.3, Rails 5 (or Rails 4.2 + Ruby 2.3), Postgres, Redis/Memcache/ElasticSearch over MongoDB/Solr, Sidekiq over Delayed::Job/Resque, Puma over Unicorn/Passenger. Reference
topcommand: Displays processor activity of your Linux box and also displays tasks managed by the Kernel.
cronwhich gets updates.
- Staging: Snapshots.
ssh [email protected] -i path/to/pemfile.pem.
libpg-dev: Only needed by postgres
secret_key_base: Used to verify the integrity of signed cookies for the app.
cut: You can do this like
gem list | cut -d ' ' -f1which means from the
gem list, you split via delimiter ` `, then get the first element of the array.